foloow

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Whoop Terere!

Last week I had the absolute pleasure to visit the academy of world renowned Jiu-Jitsu legend Fernando Terere. His academy is absolutely incredible. Not so much because of the size but the energy you feel stepping into the door. The moment you step in you feel an almost automatic feeling of joy and excitement.

Greeted at the door by the man himself. Truly an amazing guy, so humble and caring it almost does not seem real. Unlike a lot of other academies Terere actaully rolls with his students. We started off with a simple, typical warmup and then proceeded to technique. He showed two very slick guard passes that were definitely something that I can add to my arsenal.

Eventually we headed to sparring in which my first roll of the night was the man himself, Terere. It was great and I truly was humbled. I learned a lot. I am really grateful to have had the opportunity.

Terere's academy is minutes from one of the most beautiful beaches. Not only that but also some very good acai, anyone in the ipanema area should definitely check it out! osss




The gym has a ton of great students. There a lot of very good training partners including world champions. It is a great place for someone who is on the lighter side or someone who is very big. This academy is great for all! osss

No comments:

Post a Comment